By gently extending our Winter practice, we will evolve into our Spring practice. We will weave the qualities associated with the season with the poses that are complimentary to this time of year.
This is the perfect time of year to revisit the original Yoga Vinyasa – Surya Namaskara / Salute to the Sun. Thus we pay respect to the Sun as the days begin to lengthen.
The intention of our Spring term will include:
- Honouring and respecting this traditional sequence.
- Remembering the importance of Ujjayi breath and the meaning of Vinyasa
- Modifying the traditional sequence to include variations
- Adapting poses and transitions to suit
- Incorporating some of the poses we have covered so far this year
- Learning the hidden meaning of the Asana
- Understanding that morning and evening practice have different requirements
When you think there is no more to learn; Yoga will surprise you and uncover another layer of your being.