Workshop – Yoga in Flo~Motion
I am inspired to facilitate a workshop “Yoga in Flo~Motion”. Delving into the concept of a less rigid and more mobile practice. It is a way of moving that I personally enjoy and bring into my own practice. Rather than loosing alignment, this allows the body the freedom to align in a natural way.
I offer the following information, details of date/time/place are on the flyer.
Intention of “Yoga in Flo~Motion”
· To move freely and fluidly
· To mobilize the joints without strain
· To move with ease, in tune with your own energy level
· To enjoy moving to music
· To release tension and tightness
· To relax and return to your own rhythm
· To practice a soft flowing style of Yoga
Why Yoga to Music?
· Music stimulates the right-brain hemisphere.
· Right brain activities include the creative processes, intuition, imagination, and non-verbal communication.
· The vibration of sound can lift, shift or change your feelings/emotions. Emotions are energy in motion.
· Music that inspires you to move is an asset if you are ‘stuck’ in your practice.
· Music can help you deepen your practice.
- Previous Yoga experience would enhance your participation and enjoyment of this workshop.
- Know the sequencing of Small & Classic Sun Salute (Surya Namaskars), and the poses of ‘Tree’ (Vrikshasana) and ‘Triangle’ (Trikonasana); would be beneficial.
If you enjoy the classes where a section of our practice is accompanied by music; then I am sure you will appreciate this workshop….but don’t worry; you won’t be subjected to music for the whole 3 hours.